Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A day in the woods

I made a visit out to the gift exchange area yesterday after work and well, I must say it was an interesting trip. Although I've been to the night visiting area several times lately, it's been about three weeks since I've actually been back in the woods to check on my items. Due to family and friends visiting from out of state my schedule got a little thrown off. Starting today we're getting A LOT of rain through the weekend so I wanted to get on out there. 
I found several items moved or missing completely and heard movement around me while replenishing the exchange area.  We had come to the night visiting area the previous night (July 1st) and had left a pack of poptarts and an apple before we left. Yesterday (July 2nd) when I returned the food was gone and what looks like a footprint  was right next to it....

After the past two pinwheels I have left have been "disassembled", I thought I'd leave a much larger one. I returned to find it gone completely. I searched the entire area and couldn't find a trace of it anywhere...

Three weeks ago...

Yesterday...


A flowered necklace I hung on a limb 8 feet off the ground. 
Three weeks ago...


Yesterday... Notice the limb it was hanging on is snapped off. 


Oh, I like this one. A little ball I've been leaving in the middle of what looks to me like a small stick structure on the gift exchange log. 
Picture from three weeks ago...
Notice I had the ball wedged under a few sticks. 


Yesterday... The ball has been moved onto the ground at the opposite end of the log. 


The bottom of the above pictured stick structure is at the top of this picture. Notice the paints and a container I had full of peanuts on the ground that were on the log. 


These steps lead down to the picnic area that we visit at night. I had placed poptarts and an apple where you see my owl call laying. The footprint is at the bottom. 




Toe impressions...??


I do realize that it's possible a majority of things that I find could be from small animals or rodents getting into the food or "bumping" into the items, but coincidence just doesn't happen again and again... over and over. I don't know many animals that would pull a ball out from under sticks and move it 20 feet away. What animal would snap a limb off by pulling a flowered necklace down from 8 feet up (and then take it with them). What would take the pinwheel?? Coincidence after coincidence things start adding up...

No comments:

Post a Comment