Saturday, August 10, 2013

After The First Expedition

My present research area in the Smoky Mountain National Park is only one of several areas I have focused on there in the past three years. After our first "expedition" there I did continue to spend the next year on and off visiting the location with some occasional findings and success, but after a while it became to much on us financially and time wise to continue researching that far away. Before we moved to our current home, we lived over an hour away which made it a little hard to spend much time there. Any attempt to form some type of trust or relationship with the Bigfoot was a constant struggle due to the lack of time spent there. So in the winter of 2011 I began to search for a more convenient area that was within the park, but not to far away to allow more regular visits. After finding several sighting reports in an area about 30 minutes away from where we lived at the time, I began driving down about once every week or two and doing some exploring. I spent roughly 5 months in this area before having a slightly disturbing experience there. I'll talk on this experience in a later blog.

This location is about 8 miles deep into western end of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. There is a small campground about halfway in, but the rest of the way is a small gravel road that is only lightly used. Not too many people go back there due to more popular areas of the park receiving most of the traffic. Mostly what you'll see is the occasional local trout fishing or hiking.

One day while driving in I happen to look over at the river that follows the road all the way back. What I saw was completely by chance and still amazes me every time I think about it.
Right there along the river was a huge boulder with a small rock stack on top. I immediately stopped and backed up to take a look.



This is a video of the first time I saw the rock stack.

 
 
 
 
 
It really surprised me to find this in such a secluded area. What interested me was the single white rock on top which I've been told is a Native American symbol. It didn't appear to be a location where cars and people usually stop. I didn't mess with the stack, but decided to see if anything changed by the next time I visited. When I returned it still looked the same so I decided to build my own stack on a nearby boulder and see what happened the next time I came down.
 
 
 
Second Trip
 

 
 
 
 
 
This is what I found on my next trip after I built my rock stack...
 
I
 
I only spent about 5 months researching this area. To this day I still feel there was definitely something very odd about it and didn't have very welcoming feelings there.
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Love the blog, very interesting! Hard to wait to see what happens next! I'm having trouble though viewing the videos. Says it's private, even though I'm signed in at google. Can you help with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fault, I had the settings wrong on the videos! Should be fine now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the third trip, you pan back toward your truck showing the area and there looks to be a marker stick (Y shaped limb hanging or placed on tree) directly behind the first rock structure you found. Could or could not be...I can't zoom the video to check it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your right. One reason I like others to watch my videos. The more eyes, the more details that come out. Very interesting that it was hanging right there. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for fixing the video problem. They are so professionally done! I am wondering about your feeling that you weren't so welcome there. There is usually a reason for feeling that way (been my experience, on trips with you in fact!). You were probably not alone, I'm thinking. On a few spots in the videos, there are dark places that if you could zoom in on, you might find something. I thought I saw a few spots that needed checking. Have you been back to this spot lately? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete